- We may collect some information on you, but you control how much you share about yourself.
- We do not collect information from children under 13 years of age.
- We will not sell or rent your personal information in connection with the products or services you are seeking.
- If we use a third party to assist us, they will be bound to protect your information.
- We may aggregate information and use such information for our business purposes.
- In certain legal situations, we may be compelled to disclose your personal information, but we will let you know if that occurs.
- If you are outside the United States, you understand and agree that we may store your information in the United States.
4. No Information Collected From Children.We will never knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately removed from any access. Because we do not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to third parties. We have designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
5. Types of Data We Collect.Company collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our site, when you send us information or communications, and/or when you use our website and related services. “Personal Data”means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data”means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
5.1 Personal Data You Provide to Us.We collect Personal Data from you, such as first and last name, e-mail address, and password when you create an account to log in to our network. We also retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your account. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail e.g., in response to an employment opportunity posted on our website, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. When you post messages in the chat rooms of our website, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as operating system and version and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the website and related services. We may also collect Personal Data from you at other points in our website that state that Personal Data is being collected.
6. Use of Your Data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. Company uses your Personal Data in the following ways: to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our website and related services; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our website and related services; send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; to send promotional communications; to provide you with electronic newsletters, or surveys; or to solicit your feedback.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our website and services and improve site navigation. Company reserves the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to Third Party Companies in its discretion.
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
6.2 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), Company may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Company; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Company or users of the website or related services.
7. Third parties
7.1 Personal and/or Anonymous Data Collected by Third Parties.
(a) We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from other sources like telephone or fax, or from companies that provide our services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). Our Third Party Companies may supply us with Personal Data in order to help us establish your account. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our website in order to improve the services we provide.
(b) Our provision of a link to any other website or location, such as the social networking or source code repository websites, is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. When you click on such a link, you will leave our site and go to another site. During this process, another entity may collect Personal Data or Anonymous Data from you.
7.2 Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from our services to other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the services that we offer you through our website; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to process payments; to provide technical support; or to provide specific services, such as sending communications to your social networks, in accordance with your instructions. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing services to you.
7.3 Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with Third Party Companies. A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may provide your Personal Data to a Third Party Company when you purchase such Third Party Company’s products or services from our website. The privacy policies of the Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies.
We have taken reasonable physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you. You hereby shall acknowledge that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure although we take all reasonable steps. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you register on our website or for our services, you hereby agree that it is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. If you supply financial information as part of completing a transaction, we will encrypt the transmission of that data.
10. Data Retention, Deletion and Changes .You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your profile on the website. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
We collect and retain personal data from you only for as long as we need it for our legitimate business purposes, or as required by law. We will delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer needed, or when you request us to do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use reasonable security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that your personal data will be completely secure or immune from any malicious attacks. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account credentials and for any activity that occurs under your account.
When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database in 24 hours. Please note that even after the deletion of your personal data, it may still exist in backup or archival copies for a limited period of time. However, we will ensure that such data is securely isolated and not used for any purpose other than disaster recovery or legal compliance.
11. Data Integrity.Company will use Personal Data only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. Company will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. Company depends on you to update and correct your Personal Data to the extent necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently authorized by you.